Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Oh what a joyous Scouting adventure...


Ok, so if you didnt know, Im involved with cub scouts (its a calling in my church, I could hardly refuse) and I would rather do ANYTHING else.. but oh well. So, my boys are all 11 years old. Today we worked on the outdoorsman badges. We took the boys for a 3 mile hike, then went to the other leaders house, since she had a large sandy driveway and lots of branches and wood. All 12 boys (yes, I said 12) had to gather their firewood, and build a small fire with bricks around it, to hold a frying pan. Once they had a good little fire going (lets not even GET into that) they got to take their frying pan and cook eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns and pancakes. It was quite an exhausting 3.5 hours. The smoke was... smokey. I spent a lot of time just making sure the boys didnt burn anything they werent supposed to. Yeah, and thats just about all Im going to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment